Monday, March 18, 2013

Home Study is DONE!

We had our last home study visit on Saturday! We spent 2.5 hours with the Social Worker, answering questions, listening to his "rough draft" of our lives. It was quite entertaining at times! Well, when he got done, he let us know that he's working on the final draft this week and will get it to us as soon as he's done. He also said that he is recommending us for approval!!! I was so relieved and excited that I broke down and cried after he left. God has carried us this far, I know He's going to carry us the rest of the way.
 
Now, it's time to be patient and find our little one!
 
Have a blessed day!
~Helen

3 comments:

Debbie said...

This is so exciting, Helen!! I'm not sure how I didn't see this blog before but am glad I found it and can keep informed!! I think if you often and pray for you and your journey!!

Kristine said...

Amen!! How exciting for you & Chris. I'm praying all goes well and the wait won't be long! We took the kids to DQ last night after the Science Fair with another family who has 4 adopted kids. They adopted pre-teens and teens though, so much different than adopting babies, but was so neat to see how God brought them all together as I'm sure you'll have your own similar story very soon! Love & Prayers,
Kris

Kristine said...

P.S.
Speaking of Ark... we didn't want to know the sex of our first baby so we decorated the nursery ahead of time with Noah's Ark. Turns out we got quite a bit of ark themed items for the shower too... like a musical water fountain. Still works! :)