Friday, July 12, 2013

Praising Him in Our Darkest Hour

Things have changed, a lot, since I last posted! We had been pursuing the adoption of the 2 little boys who's birth mother picked us, however we have pulled out of that adoption. After pulling out, we found out that neither of the children really are up for adoption, because the father is in their lives still. He has rights to them if he is supporting them and we fully understand and respect that. Our hearts are breaking, but we know that God is STILL in control. He will do nothing to harm us in anyway. We are still planning to adopt, but these little ones just weren't for us. I'd like to share with you something that I emailed a friend earlier today. It shows some of the growing that God has allowed us to do during this time.
 
Prayers have been our life support! I have learned so much in trusting God during this process! The other day I learned what "praising Him in your darkest hour" was all about. I got up on Thursday morning, I'd been struggling with things for days and said "so, this is what you mean about praising you in my darkest hour" and it made so much sense! And it helped me to see what He wanted me to see. God is good, no matter what, even if we don't feel it at the time we're going through our trials. We learned about patience the other day in our Sunday School class, too. It was quite humbling. Growing hurts, but once that phase is over I'll look back at all this and know that He was good to me the whole time. Thanks, again, for all your prayers & support. They mean so much to us!
 
I also wanted to share this with you. I found something similar on pinterest the other day and so I used the words to create my own. It's kind of our motto right now.
 
 
We truly want to thank you for your prayers, love and support during this time of our lives. We could not make it through this time without them.
 
Love, Helen & Chris

No comments: